THE PARTICULARS OF ITS ORGANIZATION, FUNCTIONS ANDDUTIES
The High Court for the State of Telangana is the apex body of the State Judiciary, situated on the bank of river Musi, in Hyderabad, the capital city of the both States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
The High Court building was constructed during the years 1916-1919 by HEH the Nizam the VII of Hyderabad for locating the High Court of Hyderabad. Consequent upon the formation of the State of Andhra Pradesh in the year 1956, the High Court of Hyderabad has been renamed as the High Court of Andhra Pradesh. The High Court of Andhra Pradesh was constituted on 5th of November, 1956. Consequent up bifurcation of the State of Andhra Pradesh w.e.f. 02.06.2014 into as State of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, the existing High Court was renamed as High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the State of Telangana and the State of Andhra Pradesh. Thereafter, as per the Presidential Order, a separate High Court for the State of Andhra Pradesh at Amaravathi is established and the existing High Court is renamed as High Court for the State of Telangana we.f. 01.01.2019.
The High Court for the State of Telangana is headed by the Hon’ble the Chief Justice and the present sanctioned strength of the Hon’ble Judges of the High Court for the State of Telangana is 24 (Twenty four), 18 Permanent Judges and 06 Additional Judges.